The Commission on Higher Education – Caraga Regional Office (CHED Caraga) conducted in-person institutional visits to various Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) for the first quarter of Calendar Year 2023. Institutional visits and subsequent monitoring and evaluation of the HEIs were done as part of the mandate of CHED to ensure the HEIs’ delivery of quality education and compliance to the Policies, Standards, and Guidelines (PSGs) of the offered programs.
For this quarter, the following eighteen (18) HEI campuses were visited for monitoring and evaluation at the institutional and program-level:
• Caraga State University – Main Campus
• Surigao Sur Colleges
• Balite Institute of Technology
• Saint Jude Thaddeus Institute of Technology
• Surigao Education Center
• Siargao Island Institute of Technology
• Surigao del Norte State University – Del Carmen Campus
• Southern Technological Institute of the Philippines
• Caraga State University – Cabadbaran Campus
• Butuan Doctors’ College
• Asian College Foundation
• ACLC Butuan
• Agusan del Sur State College of Agriculture & Technology
• Bucas Grande Foundation College
• Saint Peter College Seminary
• Butuan City Colleges
• Merchant Marine Academy in Caraga, Inc.
• Northwestern Agusan Colleges
Priority areas for monitoring and evaluation were the efforts of HEIs regarding COVID-19 related activities, namely vaccination of students and faculty, implementation of flexible learning modalities, and compliance with the CHED-Department of Health (DOH) Joint Memorandum Circular (JMC) No. 2021-004 “Guidelines on the Implementation of Limited Face-to-Face Classes for All Programs of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Areas Under Alert Levels System for COVID-19 Response.” Monitoring was also done on the progress of HEIs on their targets for the One Million malunggay Tree-Growing Advocacy Project, a special project of CHED Caraga.
Additionally, the HEIs were assessed on the following areas:
- All programs offered
- Student Affairs and Services (SAS); Scholarships; Tuition and Other School Fees (TOSF)
- Research and Extension;
- National Service Training Program (NSTP)
- Governance and Management
- Laboratory and Support Facilities
All visits were conducted by the full-force team of the Technical Division, namely Chief Education Program Specialist Dr. Julia Felisa Martinez, Supervising Education Program Specialist Ms. Noeme Rose Mani, and Education Supervisors II Dr. Frederick Amihan, Dr. Criseldo Calinawan, Mr. Everjoy Rabadan, Mr. Amy Saavedra, and Dr. Rolyna Trugillo, led by Regional Director Dr. George Colorado.