WHAT STUDENT-APPLICANTS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CHED-PCA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR COCONUT FARMERS AND THEIR FAMILIES
The Scholarship Program for Coconut Farmers and their Families (CoScho) is officially open for applications for the Academic Year 2023-2024! Applications will be accepted until September 15, 2023. The following are the important things that student-applicants need to know:
A. Eligibility Requirements
A student-applicant must comply with the following qualifications to avail of the scholarship grant:
- Filipino Citizen;
- Graduating high school student/high school graduate with a general weighted average grade (GWA) of 80% or its equivalent or college student with earned academic units relevant to the degree programs identified by PCA with a GWA of 80% the previous semester or its equivalent;
- Pass the entry level requirements of identified State Universities and Colleges (SUCs);
- Not be a recipient of any government-funded financial assistance program; For qualified applicants with privately funded scholarship grant covering only tuition fees, he/she must pass the entry level requirement of the private higher
education institution (HEI);
- Duly registered coconut farmer in the NCFRS or his/her dependent; and
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents not exceeding ₱300,000.00.
In highly exceptional cases where income exceeds ₱300,000.00, the concerned CHED Regional Office (CHEDRO) shall determine the merits of the application. Cases such as but not limited to family member/s having medical issues or those with two (2) or more dependents enrolled in college may be considered as meritorious.
Click here to view the complete list of CHED Priority Programs for the Scholarship Program for Coconut Farmers and their Families.
B. Documentary Requirements
Student-applicants must comply with the following requirements for the scholarship grant and be uploaded to the student-applicant designated portal account preferably in PDF format:
- Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority;
• For senior high school students – duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and first semester for Grade 12;
• For senior high school graduates – form 138
• For applicants with earned units or currently enrolled in college– duly Certified Copy of Grades for the latest semester/term attended;
- PCA Certification. Only one family member shall be allowed to apply for the scholarship;
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from the last school attended;
- Proof of Income – any of the following:
• Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of applicant and/spouse/parents/guardians if employed;
• Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
• Certificate of No Income from BIR;
• Certificate of Indigence from their Barangay;
• Certificate/Case Study from Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
- Notice of admission from the HEI with collegiate degree offerings;
- Proof that the student applicant belonged to special group/s (if applicable); and
- Original Barangay Certification that parents/guardians and siblings had never attended college/university (if applicable).
C. Financial Assistance Package
The financial assistance under this Scholarship Program shall consist of the regular and other allowances which shall be released per semester of a given academic year.
Tuition and other school fees will no longer be provided in the financial benefits to align with the implementation of RA No. 10931— “Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act”, which now provides for free tuition and other school fees following the effectivity of the law.
For participating HEIs with a trimester or quarter system, the total amount of financial assistance stated above shall be distributed proportionately for every semester/quarter.
|TOTAL COST PER SEMESTRAL
|TOTAL COST PER ACADEMIC YEAR
|A. Stipend (which includes food, educational tours, transportation, projects, medical insurance, internet use, communication)
|B. Book allowance and other learning materials
|A. Thesis and/or OJT Allowance
|B. One-time attendance in local conference/fora (should be related to the undergraduate program and to be given during the junior or senior standing. The activity should not be on the same HEI where the beneficiary is enrolled
|C. One-time financial assistance for the purchase of a laptop (to be given during the first year of scholarship grant)
Thesis should be related to the coconut industry as a prerequisite for the release of allowance. Group thesis shall not be allowed.
D. Selection Process and Application Procedure
In the selection of beneficiaries, the following percentage distribution shall be used in ranking:
|Annual Gross Income
To apply, create an account and fill out the online application form via the CHED Scholarship Portal
(CLICK THE BANNER BELOW). Upload the supporting documents in PDF format.
Applications are open from now until September 15, 2023 only. For more information please send us an email at email@example.com or contact us at 09120892045 (mobile) / (085) 815-3698 (landline).