WHAT STUDENT-APPLICANTS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CHED CARAGA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2021-2022
The CHED Scholarship Program (CSP) is officially open for applications for the Academic Year 2021-2022. The following are the important things that student-applicants need to know:
A. On the Minimum General Weighted Average (GWA)
Student-applicants must be incoming freshmen/first year students who are eligible for enrollment in college, with at least 96% or its equivalent for the Full Merit Program and 93% to 95% or its equivalent for the Half Merit Program and must enroll in recognized priority programs in private Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) or State Universities and Colleges (SUCs)/or accredited Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs) with Certificates of Program Compliance (COPC). Click Here to view the full list of priority programs.
B. Eligibility Requirements
Student-applicants must comply with the following requirements for the scholarship grant and be uploaded to the student-applicant designated portal account preferably in PDF format:
- Certified true copy of Birth Certificate as proof of Filipino citizenship;
Combined annual gross income of parent/s or guardian which does not exceed PHP400,000.00, or in cases where the income exceeds PHP400,000.00, a student-applicant must present a written certification or medical findings of illness of a family member from a licensed medical doctor, and/or school certification of two or more dependents enrolled in college from an authorized school official;
Student-applicants belonging to the special group of persons such as the Underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under RA No. 7279, Persons With Disability under RA No. 7277 as amended, Solo Parents and/or their Dependents under RA 8972, Senior Citizens under RA 9994, and Indigenous Peoples under RA 8371, must submit certifications and/or Identification Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies;
- High school report card for students eligible for enrollment in college, and duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st Semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students;
- Must submit ANY of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of Indigency either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Case Study Report from DSWD;
- Latest copy of employment contract or proof of income of parents may be considered for children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and Seafarers.
C. Financial Assistance
The financial assistance will cover the tuition and other school fees (TOSF), stipends, and book/connectivity allowances per semester which will be released directly to the scholars through the HEIs.
Below is the list of the financial packages for the Full and Half Merit Scholars:
D. Availment of Slots
The availment of the type of scholarships is determined through ranking system and availability of slots.
To submit the applications, visit our website at www.chedcaraga.ph and click “Online Services” and select “CHED Scholarship Portal,” or click the CSP banner. Period of filing of applications is from July 12 until August 15, 2021 ONLY. Applications filed after the specified period will no longer be accepted and/or considered.
For more information, please send email at email@example.com or contact the office via mobile numbers 09120892045 / 09055658036, or via landline numbers (085) 815-3698 / (085) 816-2406.
Click the banner below to apply: