The Commission on Higher Education – Caraga Regional Office (CHED Caraga) conducted a Regional Conference with Caraga Higher Education Institution (HEI) Presidents and Key Officials and Office of Student Affairs and Services (OSAS) Coordinators and Heads on March 15, 2023 at the Balanghai Hotel and Convention Center, Butuan City.
The conference was aimed at providing updates and orientations on various topics related to higher education, allowing participants to clarify their concerns, and providing a platform for HEI Presidents/Heads and OSAS Coordinators/Heads to meet and network.
The stipulations, guidelines, and updates on the following CHED Memorandum Orders were discussed by the CHED Caraga Education Supervisors and personnel:
- Orientation on the Enhanced Guidelines on Student Affairs and Services (CMO no. 09, s. 2013 and CMO no. 08, s. 2021) – Mr. Ever Joy G. Rabadan, ES II
- Orientation on the Guidelines on Gender-Based Sexual Harassment in HEIs (CMO no. 03, s. 2022) – Dr. Frederick C. Amihan, ES II
- Orientation on the Minimum Requirements for Libraries of HEIs Common to All Programs (CMO no. 22, s. 2021) and Implementation of PATHFit (CMO no. 39, s. 2021) – Dr. Rolyna S. Trugillo, ES II
- Orientation and Updates on the HEMIS Annual Data Collection (CMO no. 45, s. 2016) and Presentation of Guidelines on Gawad Kalasag 2023 – Mr. Amy C. Saavedra, ES II
- Orientation on the Accomplishment of HEMIS Annual Data Collection Form – Ms. Jan Myrtle J. Villanueva, PTS II
During the conference, an election of officers was also conducted in separate breakout sessions for the Caraga Higher Education Institutions Association of Presidents and Heads (CHEIAPH) and Caraga Association of Deans and Heads of Student Affairs and Services (CADHSAS) respectively. Dr. George M. Colorado, CESO III, Director IV of CHED Caraga, led the oath taking ceremony for the newly elected officers.
Dr. Colorado gave an inspiring message during the conference. He expressed his appreciation to all the participants, emphasizing the importance of their roles in ensuring the quality of higher education in the Caraga Region. Dr. Colorado highlighted the need for flexibility and adaptability in the delivery of education, urging the participants to take advantage of the available technologies to ensure continuity of learning. Furthermore, he emphasized the importance of the topics discussed in the program, particularly the orientation on the Guidelines on Gender-Based Sexual Harassment in Higher Education Institutions, noting the need for all HEIs to have a safe and inclusive environment for all students and personnel.
The conference ended with the closing remarks by Dr. Julia Felisa Martinez, Chief Education Program Specialist.