The Commission on Higher Education – Caraga Regional Office (CHED Caraga) conducted an Awareness Seminar on the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) for office personnel on March 13, 2023. The activity was held at the 3rd floor of the HEDC Building, Butuan City.
The activity was conducted in line with the Regional Office’s efforts in becoming an ISO-certified organization, and was facilitated by the Human Resources Unit of the office.
CHED Caraga Technical and Administrative personnel led the discussions during the series of orientations. The following topics were discussed:
- An overview of ISO 9001:2015 (QMS) and why CHED needs to be ISO-certified – Mr. Amy C. Saavedra, Education Supervisor II
- The clauses of ISO 9001:2015, the Scope of Certification (6 Processes), and the Documents and Forms to be prepared – Engr. Criseldo C. Calinawan, Education Supervisor II
- 5S for Workplace Efficiency – Ms. Revelyn P. Brina, Administrative Officer III
- Internal Quality Audit Objectives and Procedure – Ms. Alma S. patron, Chief Administrative Officer
- ISO Certification Planning with Gantt Charting – Engr. Criseldo C. Calinawan, Education Supervisor II
An open forum was also conducted to address queries and concerns from personnel.