CHED CARAGA conducted a one-day Hybrid Conference of Higher Education Institutions (HEI) Key Officials on the Implementation of the Philippine Anti-Illegal Drugs Strategy (PADS) cum presentation of CHED Regional Office updates on September 16, 2022 at Hotel Oazis, Butuan City.
Education Supervisor II and PADS Focal Person, Dr. Criseldo Calinawan, led the activity with an orientation of Executive Order (EO) No. 66, series of 2018, otherwise known as the “Institutionalizing of the PADS” and related laws, CHED policies and guidelines.
Atty. Johnson G. Reyes, Regional Director of the National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) Caraga Region, then gave an orientation on the Establishment of Student Crime Prevention Committee to the attending PADS focal persons and HEI presidents. Other PADS-related discussions were the presentation of PADS Innovative Awards Guidelines and Mechanics, and a presentation of approved HEI PADS Action Plan by ACLC College Butuan City.
Updates on the following CHED Caraga endeavors were also reported to the attendees:
- Presentation of Typhoon Odette assistance to affected students
- Presentation of the Growing 1 Million Trees Advocacy Project
- Updates on the Implementation of Limited Face to Face Classes in the Caraga Region
- Updates on Student Services
- CHED Sports Program in the Caraga Region