The office conducted a Forum and Workshop with Caraga Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) on Making Campuses Safe During the Implementation of Face to Face Classes from September 22-23, 2022 at the Almont Inland Hotel, Butuan City.
The two-day activity featured the following talks from resource persons in the Health and Higher Education Sector:
- Updates on Face-to-face Classes – Dr. Frederick C. Amihan, Education Supervisor II at CHED Caraga
- Minimum Public Health Protocols – Ms. Hannan Jhasmine Sangcaan, Health Facility Development Unit Head at the Department of Health (DOH) Caraga
- COVID-19 Response Protocols (Part 1) – Dr. Arlien Marie Fe A. Buhain, Medical Officer III & Health Facility Development Unit Head at DOH Caraga
- COVID-19 Response Protocols (Part 2) and Vaccination Program – Ms. Rowena V. Cueto, Nurse II, and Ms. Ivy C. Zoleta, Nurse III at the City Health Office (CHO) Butuan
- National Insurance Program – Ms. Maria Estella L. De Villa, Social Insurance Officer II – Butuan, Philhealth Regional Office Caraga
- Learning Continuity Plan and Catch-up Plan – Dr. Rolyna S. Trugillo, CHED Caraga Education Supervisor II
- CHED Safety Seal – Mr. Amy C. Saavedra, CHED Caraga Education Supervisor II
- Best Practices of HEIs in the Implementation of Face to Face Classes – Father Saturnino Urios University and Philippine Normal University – Mindanao Campus
Open forum sessions were held throughout the day of discussions. On Day 2, participants had a workshop session and presentation of workshop outputs.